Programs And Courses



Learn about our Pre-Chiropractor program.


What is a chiropractor?

Chiropractors can be doctors of chiropractic or chiropractic physicians. They perform various tasks. You must:

  • Adjust and manipulate the spinal column.
  • Perform articulations of the body. These prevent disease and correct abnormalities.
  • Examine the patient to determine nature and extent of disorder.
  • Use supplementary measures. These measures include exercise, rest, water, light, heat and nutritional therapy.
  • Follow a standard routine to secure the information needed for diagnosis and treatment.
  • Take the patient's medical history.
  • Conduct physical, neurological and orthopedic examinations.
  • Order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic images.
  • Employ a postural and spinal analysis common to chiropractic diagnosis.
  • Have keen observation to detect physical abnormalities.
  • Have considerable hand dexterity to perform adjustments.
  • Work independently and handle responsibility.
  • Have empathy, understanding and the desire to help others.


How much do chiropractors make?

The median salary for a chiropractor in PA is $70,300. Visit www.salary.com for more information on local salaries. 


How do I enroll in the program?

You must:

  • Have a high school diploma or GED
  • Take high school biology, chemistry, mathematics, health and home economics
  • Take HACC placement tests

Employers may require a PA Child Abuse History Clearance and State Police Criminal Record Check.


Where does HACC hold classes?

HACC offers the complete program at the Harrisburg Campus. We offer some required courses at the Gettysburg, Lancaster and Lebanon campuses.


What are the required courses?

Download Required Courses (pdf).


What degree will I earn?

HACC awards you an associate in arts degree after successful completion.


Where can I work?

Most chiropractors are in solo practice. Some work in group practice or work for other chiropractors. A small number teach, conduct research at chiropractic institutions or work in hospitals and clinics.


How can I advance my education in this field?

This profession requires a doctorate degree.

Most state boards require at least two years of undergraduate education. An increasing number require a bachelor's degree.

All boards require completion of an accredited four-year chiropractic college program. This leads to the doctor of chiropractic degree.


Where can I get more information?


Who can I contact for more information?

Mary Fourlas
717-780-2498 or 800-222-4222, ext. 212498