Medical Billing & Coding Specialist
Learn about our Medical Billing & Coding Specialist Non-Credit Certificate Program. If you have additional questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do medical billing and coding specialists do?
Medical billing and coding specialists:
- Analyze health records and assign codes for diseases and procedures
- Maintain patients’ accounting records and carry out collection procedures
- Research and review insurance claims
- Perform data entry payment information, adjustments, and balances into computer software programs
- Abstract key information from health records for reimbursement, statistics, and research purposes
- Monitor compliance with policies and procedures relevant to clinical data management and making suggestions for improvements
Where can I get more information?
Download the Medical Billing & Coding program schedule (pdf) which includes requirements, costs, hours, etc.
What degree will I earn? Will I be eligible for credentials?
Upon successful completion, you will:
What are the required courses and what is the suggested schedule? How long does the program take to complete? Where are the classes held?
- The program can be completed in approximately 10 months attending classes two nights per week following the recommended course sequence.
- The program is offered evenings (a few courses are offered via internet).
- The program is offered completely in Harrisburg, Lebanon, and Lancaster. Some classes are available online.
What are the program admission criteria?
- This is a non-credit course. You are not required to submit a college application, school transcripts or placement testing results.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Criminal background check and drug screening is NOT required for entry into this program. However, your future employer may require them.
- Typing or keyboarding skills are helpful, but not required.
How can I get more information?
Who can I contact for additional information or to register for classes?
For more information or if you have questions, you can email Healthcare Education staff at email@example.com. Please place the program name in the subject line. To register contact the Welcome Center at 717-780-2414.