Health Care Management
Below is information on the Health Care Management Associate Degree program - Gettysburg/Harrisburg/Lancaster/Lebanon/York campuses.
Contact Vicki Gentzel (717-780-1992) if you hold a credential in a health care profession (LPN, massage therapy, certified dental assistant, paramedic) as you may qualify to receive 30 credits for your credential towards a Health Science associate degree.
What is a health care manager?
A health care manager has various duties. You must:
- Supervise the delivery of health care
- Work long hours
- Be available at all hours to manage problems
Health care managers take on a variety of roles:
- Clinical managers usually have previous training
- Health care managers at small group practices handle all of the duties
- Health care managers at larger medical groups work with a chief administrator and assistants
- Health care managers in HMOs perform community outreach and preventative care
What does a health care manager make?
Salaries vary based on level and type of employment.
What is the goal of HACC's Health Care Management program?
View our Advising Checksheet (pdf) for more information.
The Health Care Management program is ideal for students who are working in health care without credentials. Many students seek a career in health care administration.
What degree will I earn?
HACC awards a health care management degree after successful completion.
Manager positions often require a master's degree. However, smaller facilities accept a Bachelor's degree and/or work experience.
Where can I advance my education?
HACC has articulation agreements with the following schools:
- Franklin University offers a BS in Allied Healthcare Management.
- Shippensburg University offers a BS in Healthcare Administration
- Lebanon Valley College offers a BS in Health Care Management. They hold part-time classes in the evening.
- Immaculata University offers a BS in Health Care Management. They offer part-time evening classes at HACC's Lancaster campus, Fort Indiantown Gap and online.
- Bloomsburg University offers a BAS in Technical Leadership both online and on campus
- Central Penn College (pdf) offers a Health Care Management into Health Care Administration both online and on campus.
- Elizabethtown College offers a Health Care Management degree
- Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences offers a Healthcare Administration degree
Who can I contact for more information?
Current HACC students can meet with advisors: