Health Care Management
Below is information on the Health Care Management Associate Degree program - Gettysburg/Harrisburg/Lancaster/Lebanon/York campuses.
What is a health care manager?
A health care manager has various duties. You must:
- Supervise the delivery of health care.
- Work long hours
- Be available at all hours to manage problems.
Health care managers take on a variety of roles:
- Clinical managers usually have previous training.
- Health care managers at small group practices handle all of the duties.
- Health care managers at larger medical groups work with a chief administrator and assistants.
- Health care managers in HMOs perform community outreach and preventative care.
What does a health care manager make?
Salaries vary based on level and type of employment.
What is the goal of HACC's Health Care Management program?
View our Advising Checksheet (pdf) for more information.
The Health Care Management program is ideal for students who are working in health care without credentials. Many students seek a career in health care administration.
How do I enroll in the program?
HACC has no entry requirements for the Health Care Management program.
Contact a Health Care Management advisor if you do not have active health care credentials.
The Health Science degree offers management, gerontology, social service and medical administration options. Students receive 15-30 credits for your credential and current employment in the field.Health sciencerequires students to beactively credentialed health care professionals. Students must currently work in their fields.
What degree will I earn?
HACC awards a health care management degree after successful completion.
Manager positions often require a master's degree. However, smaller facilities accept a Bachelor's degree and/or work experience.
Where can I advance my education?
- Franklin University offers a BS in Allied Healthcare Management.
- Shippensburg University offers a BS in Healthcare Administration
- Lebanon Valley College offers a BS in Health Care Management. They hold part-time classes in the evening.
- Immaculata University offers a BA in Health Care Management. They offer part-time evening classes at HACC's Lancaster campus, Fort Indiantown Gap and online.
Who can I contact for more information?
Contact Health Careers at 717-780-1988.
Current HACC students can meet with advisors: