Mathematics (New - Fall 2018): Associate in Science (AS) (4076)
Do you have a passion for solving intricate puzzles and complex problems? Do you see the world through mathematical ideas and enjoy discovering answers through a series of proofs and mathematical reasoning? If you would like to earn your bachelor’s degree in a mathematics-related field, our Mathematics program is YOUR path.
After completing our program and receiving your Associate in Science (AS), we can help you choose a specialization and a four-year school to transfer your credits.
What can I do with this in the workforce?
You are most likely to enjoy this career track if you have strong analytical and technical skills and the ability to quickly grasp and properly apply complex technical concepts. The Mathematics program can prepare you to continue your education and transfer to a four-year school to complete your schooling in mathematics, operations research and statistics.
What is the average salary ?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
What is HACC’s program like?
Our experienced instructors will provide you with the foundation to transfer to a four-year school.
As you complete our program, you will:
- Demonstrate the relationship between mathematical and visual representations
- Demonstrate the connections between mathematical concepts
- Solve problems by developing mathematical models, analyzing data and creating or applying algorithms
- Effectively communicate mathematical ideas and their applications
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate, create and collaborate effectively using technologies in multiple modalities
What classes will I take?
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
With YOUR end goals in mind, the two-year degree is flexible to meet the transferability needs of a wide variety of four-year colleges and universities with no loss of credit. If your intended transfer school participates in Pennsylvania’s statewide college-credit transfer system, you will be able to begin your third year as a junior. Our programs also transfer well to schools outside of the statewide system. However, each individual college has their own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take the proper classes at HACC.
Please browse our transfer options with four-year schools:
Where can I complete this program?
You may complete the entire program at our Harrisburg and Lancaster campuses. You may also complete this program at the York Campus by taking some courses through Virtual Learning.
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! Thanks to the HACC Foundation, we have approximately 200 scholarships available. Eligibility requirements vary for each, so please be sure to visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details.
When can I apply?
We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall, but you can apply anytime by visiting our website. When you submit your application, please include the program code 4076 to ensure you apply for the correct program.
How can I learn more?
With innovative instructors, a solid educational foundation and convenient classes, HACC is YOUR source for continuing your education in mathematics. To learn more about our Mathematics program and your transfer opportunities, contact our admissions counselors or department chair Matthew Pragel.
We can help you enroll and start your journey to a fulfilling career.