Marketing: Associate in Arts (AA) (1640)
ATTENTION: This program has been inactivated by the department for Fall 2018 and will no longer be available for new student enrollments. Interested new students should consider reviewing the Business AAS degree, new Fall 2018 (major code #1516), which contains a marketing concentration.
Do you have an interest in sales? Are you skilled with social media, and do you have an interest in helping organizations sell their products and services? If this sounds like you, you should consider a career in marketing. With our Marketing Program, you can gain the skills you need to enter this exciting field.
After completing our program and receiving your Associate in Arts (AA) degree, you will have obtained the knowledge and skills needed for entry-level positions within a number of areas in this field.
What can I do with this in the workforce?
As a graduate of our program, you’ll have the skills and knowledge you need for entry-level positions in:
- Marketing management
- Market research
- Physical distribution
- Real estate
You’ll be most likely to succeed in this program if you:
- Enjoy solving problems with creative solutions based on research
- Are a creative thinker who enjoys working with others
- Can multitask while still paying close attention to the details
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- What occupations are in demand within the region you select
- The number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- The anticipated number of job openings available — just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
What is HACC’s program like?
Whether you’re a new student or you’re already working in the field, our Marketing program might be the right fit for you.
Throughout our Marketing Program, you’ll:
- Prepare and deliver oral and written presentations on marketing concepts
- Utilize various methods of collecting, processing and analyzing information about organizations, consumers and the market to make informed marketing strategy decisions
- Describe the effects of social, legal, ethical and technological forces on marketing decision-making
- Provide information about the marketing strategy, its effective deployment and the impact on the performance of various areas within an organization
- Develop a sales manual and deliver a professional sales presentation utilizing the steps in the sales process
- Utilize the steps in creating an integrated marketing communications campaign and design an integrated marketing communications plan
- Utilize the steps involved in marketing planning and be able to create a marketing plan
- Describe the internet marketing environment and recommend ways to integrate various online marketing channels into a firm’s overall strategy
- Perform and work with a team of students to apply marketing concepts
- Identify the psychological, sociological and cultural factors that influence consumers in making purchase decisions, and how these factors relate to the formation of effective marketing strategies
- Use the appropriate software and technologies to complete marketing assignments
- Utilize research methods to collect and analyze information about marketing concepts to make informed marketing decisions
Our program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Since 1992, ACBSP is the only nationally recognized organization that grants regional accreditation to two- and four-year colleges and universities.
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
If pursuing a bachelor’s is also your interest, we can help you choose a four-year school to transfer your credits.
Our programs are designed to be flexible enough to transfer to a wide variety of four-year colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each individual college has its own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take the proper classes at HACC.
As a HACC Marketing student, your various transfer options include:
|Albright College -Accelerated Degree Program:||General Program Course Equivalencies (pdf)
|Bloomsburg University of PA:||Bachelor of Applied Science Technical Leadership (ONLINE & campus) (pdf)
|Central Penn College:||Marketing into Business Administration (ONLINE & campus) (pdf)
|Franklin University Online:||Franklin University Bachelor Degrees (ONLINE) (pdf)
|Upper Iowa University Distance Education Online:||Marketing (ONLINE) (pdf)
Where can I complete this program?
You can complete the entire program at our Harrisburg and Lancaster campuses, as well as through Virtual Learning. You may also complete the entire program at the Gettysburg, Lebanon and York campuses by taking some courses through Virtual Learning.
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! With approximately 200 scholarships available through the HACC Foundation, you have ample opportunity to offset the cost of your education. To view the available scholarships and their eligibility requirements, visit hacc.edu/scholarships.
When can I apply?
You can enroll in HACC classes for the spring, summer and fall semesters. Visit our website to apply anytime. When you submit your application, please include program code 1640 with your application to ensure you apply for the correct program.
How can I learn more?
To enter the creative, dynamic world of marketing, choose HACC. Contact an admissions counselor or Jason Neilsen, interim department chair, to learn more about potential career opportunities. You may also request more information today. We want to see YOU succeed.