Home and Building Remodeling: Certificate (4430)
Do you prefer fixing or restoring your own remodeling and construction projects? Are you already working in the construction field and wish to update your skills? Earning a Home and Building Remodeling Certificate may be the perfect choice for you!
What can I do with this in the workforce?
As a graduate of our certificate program, you will have the skills to work with local remodeling and construction contractors. Many graduates find work as:
- Drywall installer
- Finish carpenter
- HVAC helper
- Masonry technician
- Siding installer
Often, those who are physically fit, enjoy working with their hands, communicate well with others and work well in a dynamic environment are suited for this type of work.
What is HACC’s program like?
Our program gives you the foundation to develop or expand your knowledge and skills in building and remodeling.
We provide introductory training in construction materials and processes, and give you the chance to choose from a variety of elective courses, including:
- Concrete and masonry
- Heating systems
- Interior finishing
As you complete our program, you will:
- Use basic hand tools and equipment of the trade
- Read construction prints
- Apply proper construction materials and processes
- Work safely in a construction environment
- Demonstrate construction work applications
- Communicate effectively with others
- Solve math problems related to the trade
Federal regulations required that the College disclose specific gainful employment information about our program. This link will provide you with information on completion rates and placement, program costs and median loan debt.
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Our certificate program is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, if you wish to continue your education, we encourage you to explore our full list of programs, including the associate degree in home and building remodeling.
When you complete your associate degree, you can continue and transfer credits to a four-year school.
Where can I complete this program?
You can complete the entire program at the Midtown Trade and Technology Center of the Harrisburg Campus.
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
When can I apply?
HACC offers classes in the spring, summer and fall, and you can apply anytime on our website. When you submit your application, please include program code 4430. This code is unique to this program and ensures you are applying to the correct one.
How can I learn more?