Engineering: Transfer Associate (4120)
Do you enjoy solving problems and understanding the world around you? Can you think logically to see how complex systems come together?
Our associate degree in engineering is the perfect place for you to start! Our professional faculty, who have a great amount of experience in the industry, will teach you in state-of-the-art laboratories and prepare you for your future.
What can I do with this in the workforce?
After receiving your Associate in Science in engineering, you will be able to transfer your credits to a four-year school and earn your bachelor’s degree in engineering. Once you receive your bachelor’s degree, you can pursue an engineering position in:
- Research and development
You will find engineers work in a variety of industries including aerospace, chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural.
You are likely to enjoy this type of career if you:
- Possess strong analytical skills and are inquisitive by nature
- Can play close attention to detail and are thorough in your work
- Have excellent communication skills and are a team player
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
What is HACC’s program like?
With small class sizes, you will receive personalized instruction from top-notch faculty. We place emphasis on mathematics and its application in the sciences to help you prepare to continue your education at a four-year school.
To gain acceptance into this program, you need to demonstrate high academic potential and excellence in mathematics.
As you complete our program, you will:
- Identify personal transfer plans
- Operate a solid modeling system effectively
- Examine engineering disciplines
- Analyze static structures using calculus
- Solve engineering problems
- Analyze dynamic problems using calculus
- Write and speak effectively
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Yes! Academically YOURS, our programs are designed to be flexible enough to transfer to a wide variety of four-year colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each individual college has its own unique program. Therefore, we encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so that you can take the proper classes at HACC.
Various transfer options include:
|Bucknell University:||Engineering (pdf)
|Drexel University:||Engineering (pdf)
|Messiah College:||Engineering Biomedical Concentration (pdf)
|Penn State Harrisburg:||Engineering into Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Structural Engineering (pdf)
|Rochester Institute of Technology:||Engineering into Mechanical Engineering (pdf)
|York College of Pennsylvania:||Engineering Management (pdf)
Where can I complete this program?
You can complete the entire program at our Harrisburg Campus.
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
When can I apply?
We offer courses in the spring, summer and fall, and you can apply anytime by visiting our website. When you submit your application, please include program code 4120. By using this code, you can be sure you are applying to the correct program.
How can I learn more?
You will gain the foundation you need in math and sciences to continue your education at a four-year school where you can earn your bachelor’s degree.