Administrative Office Management: Career Associate (1921)
Managing an office environment requires a wide range of professional skills. If you have strong time-management and organizational skills, our Associate in Arts in Administrative Office Management can be your key to pursuing a rewarding career.
What can I do with this in the workforce?
After completing our program and earning your associate degree, you will have the foundation necessary to find employment as an administrative office specialist in a variety of office settings, including:
- Business offices
- Private sector organizations
- Public service settings
- Specialized environments such as legal, medical, financial, insurance, law enforcement and engineering
- State and federal government offices
As an administrative office specialist, you will:
- Work to make sure the office is a good, working environment
- Ensure the departments have everything they need to work efficiently
- Make decisions that can have a direct impact on others
To be successful in this career, you must:
- Be organized and detail-oriented
- Able to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate good multi-tasking skills
- Feel comfortable with making decisions
- Be a self-starter
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
What is HACC’s program like?
We will teach you how to perform clerical, administrative, management and information systems support in a variety of office-related environments. You will conduct your own research and perform hands-on work involving online and mobile business solutions.
As a graduate of our program, you will be able to:
- Show proficiency in keyboarding and machine transcription
- Apply advanced software skills to produce business documents
- Integrate software applications
- Research using the Internet
- Manage records manually and electronically
- Perform basic accounting functions
- Create effective presentations
- Implement up-to-date office technologies and procedures
- Assess current business-related technologies and resources to enhance professional administrative productivity
- Write and speak effectively
- Appreciate accomplishments in the arts and sciences
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Yes! Conveniently YOURS, our associate degree programs are designed to be flexible enough to transfer to a variety of colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each individual college has its own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take the proper classes at HACC.
As an Administrative Office Management student, your various transfer options include:
|Bloomsburg University of PA:||Bachelor of Applied Science Technical Leadership (ONLINE & campus) (pdf)
|Siena Heights University Online:||Administrative Office Management into Bachelor Degree Applied Science (ONLINE) (pdf)
Where can I complete this program?
You can complete the entire program at our Harrisburg Campus.
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! With approximately 200 scholarships available through the HACC Foundation, you have the opportunity to earn money to help pay for your HACC education. Visit hacc.edu/scholarships for more information.
When can I apply?
We have classes in the spring, summer and fall. You can apply anytime by visiting our website and submitting your application online. Program code 1921 is specific to the Administrative Office Management Program. Please include this unique code in the application when you apply.
How can I learn more?
With our experienced instructors, innovative courses and convenient classes, you can get the foundation you need to achieve a rewarding career in administration office management. To learn more about this program, including your transfer opportunities, please contact an admissions counselor, department chair Kelley Engle or request more information online.