Business Management: Career Associate (1510)
Are you a self-starter and a natural leader who works well with people and effectively manages resources? Do you envision yourself working as a manager within an organization? Let us help you get there with our Associate in Arts (AA) in business management!
Our Business Management Program will provide the base you need to earn a position that may eventually lead to a supervisory role. If you currently work in a business setting, this program can help you advance within your career.
What can I do with this in the workforce?
Coordinators, managers and supervisors in the business management field often need to perform a wide range of tasks. To succeed, you should be able to:
- Make quick decisions and solve problems
- Multitask while providing high-quality work
- Stay organized
- Maintain strong time-management skills
After you complete your two years at HACC, you will have the knowledge and skills to find entry-level employment in various settings and may obtain positions as a(n):
- Advertising coordinator
- Assistant manager
- Buyer coordinator
- Communications director
- Distribution manager
- Distribution supervisor
- General manager
- Operations manager
- Public relations manager
- Purchasing agent
- Sales manager
- Shipping managers
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
What is HACC’s program like?
Our business-savvy instructors will cover management concepts, procedures, operations and problem-solving techniques as you learn about:
- Computer information systems
- International business
After completing the program, you will know how to:
- Communicate effectively and professionally in business management situations through physical or virtual presence, writing, speaking, listening and electronic media
- Use quantitative and qualitative tools and methodologies to support business management and organizational decision making
- Describe economic, environmental, political, ethical, legal and regulatory contexts of global organizational management policies
- Evaluate potential for business success and consider implementation issues including financial, legal, operational and administrative procedures
- Identify business management problems and opportunities and formulate an action plan
- Manage by using team building skills and facilitate collaborative behaviors in the accomplishment of group goals and objectives
- Work effectively, respectfully, ethically, and professionally with people of diverse ethnic, cultural, gender and other backgrounds, as well as with people with different organizational roles, social affiliations and personalities
- Analyze the information content of organizational processes and use information technology
- Utilize research methods to collect and analyze information regarding management concepts
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) accredits our Associate in Arts in business management. Since 1992, ACBSP is the only nationally recognized organization that grants regional accreditation to two- and four-year schools.
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
After earning your Associate in Arts (AA) in business management, you may wish to further your education by transferring your credits – and we can help you make that happen.
Our program allows you to transfer credits to a wide variety of colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each college has its own unique program. Therefore, we encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take the proper classes at HACC.
|Albright College -Accelerated Degree Program:||General Program Course Equivalencies (pdf)
|American Public University Online:||Business Management into Management (ONLINE) (pdf)
|American Public University Online:||Business Management into Retail Management (ONLINE) (pdf)
|American Public University Online:||Business Management into Security Management (ONLINE) (pdf)
|American Public University Online:||Business Management into Reverse Logistics Management (ONLINE) (pdf)
|American Public University Online:||Business Management into Transportation and Logistics Management (ONLINE) (pdf)
|Bloomsburg University of PA:||Bachelor of Applied Science Technical Leadership (ONLINE & campus) (pdf)
|Capella University Online:||Business Management into Public Administration (ONLINE) (pdf)
|Capella University Online:||Business Management/General into Business (ONLINE) (pdf)
|Central Penn College:||Management-General into Business Administration (ONLINE & campus) (pdf)
|Drexel University:||Business Management into Business Administration (pdf)
|Eastern University Harrisburg Location:||Business Administration or Organizational Leadership (pdf)
|Elizabethtown College Accelerated Program:||Business MGMT into Business ADM (pdf)
|Franklin University Online:||Franklin University Bachelor Degrees (ONLINE) (pdf)
|Upper Iowa University Distance Education Online:||Business Management into Business Management or Administration (ONLINE) (pdf)
Where can I complete this program?
Conveniently YOURS, the entire program is offered at all five of our campuses, including Harrisburg, Lancaster, and York Campuses, as well as through Virtual Learning. The program can also be completed at the Gettysburg and Lebanon campuses by taking courses through Virtual Learning.
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! You can help pay for your college education by applying for one of the 200 scholarships available through the HACC Foundation. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships to learn more about the application process.
When can I apply?
We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall. You can visit our website to submit your application anytime. When you apply, please include program code 1510 to ensure you enroll in the correct program.
How can I learn more?
For more information about the program, including transfer opportunities and career options, please contact an admissions counselor or Dr. Michelle Myers, the department chair. Y