Computer Information Security: Transfer Associate (1030)
Are you interested in a rewarding career protecting and preserving a company’s valuable information? Do you enjoy working with others to plan and implement programs that keep both data and people secure? If so, then a career in computer information security may be just for you!
Our Associate in Science in Computer Information Security can be your first step to a challenging and rewarding career in the information security field.
What can I do with this in the workforce?
Professionals in the field are responsible for:
- Training and promoting security awareness
- Developing and working collaboratively with business units to create plans to protect information
- Assessing data access needs, security violations and program changes
- Monitoring systems and system use
- Proactively managing information resources
- Performing risk assessments
- Executing tests to determine risk
- Establishing and maintaining encryption practices
- Documenting policies, procedures and testing
After graduating from our program, you will be ready to work towards your bachelor’s degree at a four-year institution. Once you complete your bachelor’s degree, you can work as a:
- Information security administrator
- Information security analyst
- Information security architect
- Information security consultant
- Information security investigator
- Information security specialist
- Security information service operator
While computer information security is an in-demand field, this program is ideal for students with certain traits. It may be a good fit if you:
- Have strong logic and computer skills
- Enjoy working and collaborating with others
- Can creatively solve problems
- Have solid organizational and analytical skills
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
What is HACC’s program like?
We designed our Computer Information Security Program to prepare you for pursuing a bachelor’s degree in computer information security. Our classes focus on:
- Computer programming
- Network infrastructure
- Operating systems and their secure application
As you complete our program, you will:
- Develop information security policies and procedures
- Apply technology devices to meet business requirements secure information system components
- Design secure network architectures
- Implement technological solutions, both hardware and software, as it pertains to information security
- Maintain an awareness of industry requirements and laws
- Respond to information system intrusions and support investigative processes
- Manage information security resources
- Provide information security training and awareness programs
- Write and speak effectively
- Appreciate accomplishments in the arts and sciences
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Yes! Our associate degree programs are designed to be flexible enough to transfer to a wide variety of colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each individual college has its own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take the proper classes at HACC.
As a computer information security student, browse the various transfer opportunities available at HACC:
|Bloomsburg University of PA:||Bachelor of Applied Science Technical Leadership (ONLINE & campus) (pdf)
|Capella University Online:||Computer Information Security into Information Assurance and Security (ONLINE) (pdf)
|Capella University Online:||General Studies into Information Technology (ONLINE) (pdf)
|Capella University Online:||General Studies into Information Technology Assurance and Security (ONLINE) (pdf)
|Capella University Online:||Computer Information Security into BS Information Technology (other specializations) (ONLINE) (pdf)
|Franklin University Online:||Franklin University Bachelor Degrees (ONLINE) (pdf)
|Harrisburg University of Science & Technology:||Computer Information Security (pdf)
Where can I complete this program?
Does HACC offer scholarships?
When can I apply?
We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall for your convenience. Visit our website to submit your application at any time. Please include program code 1030 with your application, so you can make sure you apply to the correct program.
How can I learn more?
When you choose HACC, you will receive a solid foundation in computer information security. With convenient classes, transfer opportunities and experienced instructors, we can help you. Please contact an admissions counselor or email Will Guntrum to learn more. You may also request more information online.