Personal Trainer Certificate: Non-Credit (0022)
Do you have a strong love for exercise? Are you motivated by helping others with their personal health? Our three-month program will prepare you to turn that passion into a career and earn more than $20,000 annually.
What can I do with this in the workforce?
Personal trainers instruct and motivate individuals or groups in exercise activities, general health and nutrition.
With a certificate, you are able to obtain employment in:
- Country clubs
- Fitness or recreation centers
- Health clubs
- Pilates studios
- Yoga studios
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
What is HACC’s program like?
Our program is designed so you can complete it in three months or 150 hours. Classes are held face-to-face as well as online.
We will prepare you to:
- Discuss and design interventions for clients using relevant elements of theory
- Identify the key elements of how the body reacts and adapts to exercise
- Identify the role of vitamins and minerals in health and performance
- Take the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Personal Trainer exam
- Understand and explain the importance of energy balance in weight management, body composition and performance
- Understand issues related to nutrition and performance
Additionally, you have the option to complete a seven-week internship at a local fitness center.
Funding may be available for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and VA participants.
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Upon completing your certificate, you can continue your education and earn an associate degree at HACC! Our healthcare programs, among others, may be of interest.
When you complete your associate degree, you can transfer credits to a four-year school.
Where can I complete this program?
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
When can I apply?
Please contact us using the information below to learn when to apply. The dates and times of the classes are based on location.
How can I learn more?
We are passionate about providing a high-quality education and an opportunity for you to pursue your goals. Please contact Nina Kottcamp at 717-221-1386 for more information.