Cardiology Technician Certificate: Non-Credit (0001)
Are you interested in helping doctors diagnose heart problems? Are you good with machines?
Our Cardiology Technician Program teaches you how to perform basic cardiovascular assessments to help treat patients with cardiac and peripheral vascular disease.
What can I do with this in the workforce?
After earning your certificate, you will have the skills and knowledge to work in various healthcare settings such as:
- Cardiology centers
- Outpatient facilities
- Physician offices
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
What is HACC’s program like?
You can complete the program in less than nine months by taking classes two evenings per week. In the 162-hour program, you will learn how to:
- Interpret electrocardiogram (EKG) changes by identifying various types of cardiac dysrhythmias
- Obtain cardiac history
- Perform patient assessments and identify abnormalities of the cardiovascular system
- Perform various cardiology tests including EKGs, Holter monitors and stress tests
Additionally, you will be able to take the national certification examination for Certified Cardiac Technicians (CCT).
You may be required to submit ACT 33 Child Abuse and ACT 34 Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Checks prior to obtaining employment.
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Upon completing your certificate, you can continue your education and earn an associate degree at HACC! Completion of this certificate program, CCT certification and six months of work experience may allow you to transfer your college credits to our associate degree in invasive cardiovascular technology or associate degree in cardiac sonography.
When you complete your associate degree, you can continue and transfer credits to a four-year school.
Where can I complete this program?
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
When can I apply?
You can complete spring, summer and fall classes at HACC. Please use the information below to contact us to learn start dates and enrollment deadlines.
How can I learn more?
We are passionate about providing a high-quality education and an opportunity for you to pursue your goals. Please contact the healthcare education office in our Workforce Development and Continuing Education Division at 717-221-1352 for more information.