Business Administration (New - Fall 2018): Associate in Science (AS) (1026)
If you’re interested in pursuing a career in business, our Associate in Science (AS) in business administration is your solution to reaching your goals. The two-year program is a general transfer program that will prepare you to pursue a bachelor's degree in a variety of areas within the business arena:
Our Business Administration Program might be a good fit if you:
- Like to analyze information and create logical solutions
- Take interest in economic, financial, mathematical and legal concepts
- Enjoy working with different technology and software
- Have skills or interest in managing financial, technical and human resources
What can I do with this in the workforce?
Our business administration associate degree program is a general transfer program that will prepare to transfer to a four-year school and pursue a bachelor's degree in the following areas:
- Information Systems
- Human Resource Management
- Supply Chain Management
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
What is HACC’s program like?
Our experienced professors will teach you fundamental business concepts to prepare you for the workforce or to earn a bachelor’s degree. In our program, you will:
- Prepare and deliver oral and written presentations on business concepts
- Utilize various methods of collecting, processing and analyzing information to complete assignments and make informed decisions
- Describe the effects of legal and ethical forces on an organization's decision-making
- Provide information on the impact of legal, economic and financial decisions on various areas within an organization
- Demonstrate how economic information supports and influences decisions by management, marketing, finance and business law
- Complete classroom learning activities that require interacting as groups
- Explain that there are cultural differences in business practices
- Use the appropriate software and technologies including Word, Excel and PowerPoint to complete various assignments
- Use library resources to access and extract information from online databases appropriate for business
The Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) accredits our program. Since 1992, ACBSP is the only nationally recognized organization that grants regional accreditation to two- and four-year colleges and universities. Our accredited program means you’re receiving a quality education that prepares you for a career. For more information about HACC’s accreditation, you may go to: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?q=harrisburg&s=all&id=212878. Find graduate date information here. (pdf)
What classes will I take?
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Yes! Our program is transferrable to a wide variety of colleges and universities with no loss of credit. If your intended transfer school participates in Pennsylvania’s statewide college credit transfer system, you will be able to begin at the junior level. Our programs also transfer well to schools outside of the statewide system. However, each individual college has its own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take proper classes at HACC.
Where can I complete this program?
We offer the program at our Harrisburg, Gettysburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York campuses. You also can complete the degree entirely online through Virtual Learning.
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! The HACC Foundation has approximately 200 scholarships available for students to apply. To learn how to apply, please visit hacc.edu/Scholarships.
When can I apply?
HACC offers classes in the spring, summer and fall. You can apply to HACC anytime on our website. When applying, please use the program code 1026. It ensures that you enroll in the correct program.
How can I learn more?
We are here to answer your questions and help you enroll. We encourage you to contact an admissions counselor or Jason Nielsen, interim department chair, with your questions. You may also request more information online.