Number of Weeks Per Term
Training time equivalency table
View the training time equivalency table. Learn how to use the table as a HACC student.
|Semester Hours Per Term||15||14||13||12||11||10||9||8||7||6||5||4||3||2||1|
|12 or more||FT||FT||FT||FT||FT||FT||FT||FT||FT||FT||FT||FT||FT||FT||FT|
What do the fractions and "FT" mean?
- FT = Full time
- 3/4 = Three-quarter time
- 1/2 = One-half time
- -1/2 = Less than one-half, more than one quarter
- 1/4 = One quarter or less
- -1/2 Time - Chapter 1606 does not have less than one-half time, more than one quarter time. For these benefits, we treat -1/2 time as 1/4 time.
How do I use this table?
- Determine the number of weeks in the term.
- Read across the credit hour line to the number of weeks per term column. This will show the training time.
- 12 credits taken in a Fall or Spring 15-week term is full-time.
- A six-credit course taken in an eight-week Summer Term is also full-time.
- The same six-credit course taken in a 12-week summer term is only 3/4 time.
HACC Fall and Spring Terms are both 15 weeks. Summer terms are 12, eight and six weeks in length. Use the correct term length to determine training time. Download a printer-friendly Training Time Equivalency Table (pdf).
What are Chapter 33 training time equivalents?
These numbers reflect the semester hour equivalents. You must be enrolled greater than 50% to receive the monthly stipend amount (BAH Equivalent).
Download a printer-friendly Chapter 33 Training Time Equivalency Table (pdf).
I am an EAP National Guard student. Do these tables apply to me?
These tables do NOT apply to the PA National Guard Education Assistance Program (EAP).
If you are using EAP in the summer, you must take 12 credits in each term to be a full time student. This includes summer.