Checklist for veterans
Learn how to access your veteran's benefits.
How do I access my veteran's benefits?
1. Contact HACC's Military and Veteran Affairs Office (MVAO).
- Set up an appointment to obtain information about VA chapter eligibility.
- You may schedule your MVAO appointment on the same day as your placement test.
- Hours vary based on semester and campus. View MVAO hours and contact information.
2. Apply for benefits.
- Chapter 30, 33, 1606 &1607 —VA form 22-1990
- Chapter 33 Dependent —VA Form 22-1990E
- Chapter 35 —VA Form 22-5490
- Electronically attach DD-214 or NOBE to your application. Do this when applying online.
- Electronically attach any additional entitlement (e.g. Kicker, NOBE, College Fund).
3. Print out the submitted application and a copy of your DD-214 or NOBE.
- Bring these to your VA briefing appointment.
4. Meet with your academic advisor. Register for classes.
5. Submit the Yellow Sheet on myHACC.
- You need to submit a Yellow Sheet every semester. You must also submit a Yellow Sheet when you add a class.
What is Federal
Tuition Assistance (FTA)?
What is Educational Assistance Program (EAP)?
- EAP is for National Guard forces.
- Apply for EAP each semester through your unit of assignment. You must apply by June 30 each year.
- Contact HACC's MVAO every semester to confirm EAP status. We will place a financial hold on your account.
- Once you receive your certificate of eligibility, you must submit a copy to our office.