Receiving aid funds
Learn more about receiving financial aid funds.
When does financial aid pay my bill?
HACC applies financial aid to your bill approximately four weeks into a term. HACC must verify your enrollment before we apply your financial award to your bill.
There are certain processes for different course times. If your course starts later in the term:
- Any grants designated for the late-starting course will pay after you have started the course.
- Your Federal Direct Stafford Loan will pay after you have started your sixth credit.
See Types of Financial Aid for each program's requirements.
When will I receive my refund?
HACC will issue you a refund for the remainder of the funds. This applies to students who have financial aid in excess of tuition, fees and bookstore charges. You will receive your financial aid refund approximately:
- One week after HACC applies your financial aid
- After your course begins —if you are taking a late-starting course
View a schedule of refunds.
When does HACC disburse Federal Direct Loans?
HACC disburses Federal Direct Loans in two pieces. HACC disburses:
- Half of the loan when the grants disburse
- The other portion after the mid-point of the term
View refund examples.
How do I get my refund?
HACC's Student Accounts Office issues refunds via BankMobile.
You will receive a Refund Selection Kit from BankMobile, a division of Customers Bank and a personal code in the mail if you are eligible. You will receive the enrollment package about one week before your first term. It allows you to select your refund preference. DO NOT DISCARD THE ENROLLMENT PACKAGE.
You will need the personal code to activate your refund option. You can choose to have your refund:
- Sent to your BankMobile Debit card
- Sent to your personal checking/savings account via ACH
Does HACC adjust my financial aid?
HACC will adjust your financial aid at any time during the academic year if:
- You add or withdraw from a course.
- You never attended a class.
- Your FAFSA or other financial aid documents are inaccurate, incomplete or have conflicting information.
- You change your program of study.
- You receive funds from other sources not listed on the award letter.
- You do not maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- You are enrolled for less than six credits.
- Your eligibility criteria changes.
The government may cancel your loan. You may also lose some grant and scholarship eligibility.
How will I know if HACC adjusts my financial aid?
HACC will notify you if your financial aid award changes for any reason.
- We will notify you by emailing your HAWKMAIL address.
- This e-mail will tell you to check your HACCWeb account.
Check your HACCWeb account on a regular basis for this notification.