Paying For School

Summer Financial Aid

Summer financial aid

Learn more about applying for summer financial aid.

What do I need to do to apply for financial aid for the Summer Term?

  • File the FAFSA. June 30 is the deadline. 

  • Register for ALL of your summer courses.  

  • Look for your notification. The Office of Financial Aid Services will mail your notification. This notification outlines your financial aid eligibility for summer classes. You will receive this notification approximately two to three weeks after your summer course registration.

  • Check your HACCWeb account for detailed information on your Summer Financial Aid.  

What do I need to do for the Federal Pell Grant?

You do not need to do anything. The government automatically considers you for a summer Pell Grant.

What do I need to do for a Direct Stafford Loan?

Complete the summer loan request form:

  1. Log into your HACCWeb account.
  2. Click on the "Financial Aid" tab.
  3. Select "Summer Direct Loan Request" under HACCWeb (SSB).

What do I need to do for a PHEAA State Grant?

Apply online using the PHEAA state Grant Summer Application

  • Any state grant funds you receive in the summer could jeopardize your future fall/spring grant eligibility. This is due to the two-year limit on state grants for Associate degree students.

  • You will not be eligible if you are enrolled in the shorter summer sessions.

  • The government bases your loan and Pell Grant eligibility on your fall and spring aid. They base it on what remains from financial aid received in the fall/spring.

What am I responsible for?

You are responsible for:

  • Paying your bill in full. If you are not eligible for Federal financial aid, you must pay your bill before your summer courses start.

  • Contacting the Registration Office to officially withdraw from any registered courses. If you do not officially withdraw, you are responsible for all charges.

  • Meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) (pdf). The government reviews your SAP after HACC posts your Spring Term grades. The government will cancel your summer aid if you fail to meet the SAP standards. You will be responsible for full payment of your summer courses.

I am a guest student. Do I qualify for financial aid at HACC?

You are a guest student if you attend another college and are taking courses at HACC only as a summer student. You will receive financial aid at your home institution. You are not eligible for financial aid at HACC.