Before Your Financial Aid Will Be Processed For The Summer 2014 . . .
- File the 2013-14 FAFSA if you have not already done so. June 30, 2014 is the deadline.
- Register for ALL of your summer courses.
- Loan & Pell eligibility is based on whatever may be "leftover" from what you received fall/spring.
- There is nothing you need to do. You will automatically be considered for a summer Pell grant.
- Complete the summer loan request form. You do this by: logging into myHACC with your User ID and password. Then click on the Financial Aid tab and select "Summer Direct Loan Request" under HACCWeb (SSB).
- Submit an on-line PHEAA state Grant Summer Application. Please remember that any state grant funds received in the summer could jeopardize future fall/spring grant eligibility due to the 2 year limit on state grants for Associate degree students. Also if you are enrolled in the shorter summer sessions you will not be eligible.
Approximately 2-3 Weeks After You Have Registered For Courses . . .
- You will receive notification by mail from the Office of Financial Aid Services concerning your financial aid eligibility for your summer classes. You should check your HACCWeb account for detailed figures regarding your Summer Financial Aid.
You Are Also Responsible For The Following . . .
- Full payment of your bill before beginning your summer courses if you are not eligible for a Federal Financial Aid.
- Immediately contacting the Registration Office to officially withdraw from any courses for which you have registered. You also understand that if you do not officially withdraw, you are responsible for all charges.
Your Spring Grades And Summer Aid . . .
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) (pdf) is reviewed after Spring term grades are posted. If you fail to meet the SAP standards, your SUMMER AID WILL BE CANCELED AND YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR FULL PAYMENT of your bill for summer courses.
- If you attend another college and are taking courses at HACC only as a summer student you are considered a "GUEST" student. Guests students receive financial aid at their home institution and are ineligible for financial aid at HACC.