Online Learning: Health Science
Health Science is a selective admission degree program designed for actively credentialed or licensed health care professionals currently working in their fields.
Apply to HACC at www.hacc.edu/applynow
Upon completion of the application, an email with your HACC ID and HAWKmail information will be generated within about 2 business days. If you need this information sooner, contact the Welcome Center at 800-ABC-HACC.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov.
HACC’s code for the FAFSA application is 003273.
If you would like previous college credits to be evaluated for transfer, please choose one of the following options to submit your transcripts: email (email@example.com); fax (717-901-4296); or mail (HACC, Attn: Central Records Office, One HACC Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17110).
- Health Science degree students may transfer in a maximum of 15 credits.
- For additional information about placement testing, including exemptions, hours, and preparation material, visit www.hacc.edu/placement.
Contact Vicki Gentzel, firstname.lastname@example.org to have your credential verified. After verification of your credential, have your employer mail an employment verification letter to:
Vicki Gentzel, HACC
One HACC Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17110
If you are self-employed, send something on your own letterhead stating that you are self-employed.
- Qualified applicants will be awarded 30 credits toward the Health Science degree
Attend New Student Orientation
If you will only be taking online courses, access the online new student orientation via myHACC under advising in the student tab. If you will be taking online AND campus courses, call 800-ABC-HACC to schedule the orientation on campus after the online orientation.
Develop YOUR Educational Plan
Work with an advisor/counselor to review placement test results and register for classes.
- Virtual Learning Students interested in building construction management, gerontology, health care management, health science, or wellness and health promotion should contact Deb Rebman at email@example.com.
- All other virtual learning students should contact Gina Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students taking on campus courses can register onsite at a campus by calling 800-ABC-HACC.
Pay Tuition and Fees
Submit payment to the Welcome Center or online in myHACC. Tuition information is available at hacc.edu/tuition.
Attend a Jump Start YOUR Success Welcome Event
Learn tips to start off as a successful online student. Register for an event or view the recording at hacc.edu/jumpstart.
Purchase Books at a Campus Bookstore
For online purchases and to determine the required textbooks, visit http://bookstore.hacc.edu/harrisburg.
Log In to Brightspace by Desire2Learn from myHACC on the first day of class