Online Welcome Events
HACC invites new online students to attend a "Jump Start YOUR Success!" Welcome Event. This will help you successfully transition to online education. Learn more about our online welcome event.
What does the program cover?
- Preparation for Online Learning
- Course and Login Information
- Success Tips
- Online Resources
Where to Get Help
Prepare for online classes by attending a Jump Start YOUR Success campus event or webinar. See dates and details listed below. Click on the link to register and be entered into a drawing for a prize.
2018 Fall Semester Jump Start Events:
- Wednesday, August 15, 12:00-1:00pm, Zoom Webinar
- Wednesday, August 15, 5:30-6:30pm, Zoom Webinar
- Tuesday, August 21, 12:00-1:00pm, HACC Harrisburg Campus
- Tuesday, August 21, 5:30-6:30pm, HACC Harrisburg Campus
- Wednesday, August 22, 12:00-1:00pm, HACC Lancaster Campus
- Wednesday, August 22, 5:30-6:30pm, HACC Lancaster Campus
- Thursday, August 23, 12:00-1:00pm, Zoom Webinar
- Thursday, August 23, 5:30-6:30pm, Zoom Webinar
All Zoom Webinars may be accessed via https://hacc.zoom.us/j/698329878.
Prepare for online classes by reviewing the Jump Start YOUR Success video series:
- Logging into Brightspace by D2L
- Navigating Brightspace by D2L
- How to Pin a Course in Brightspace by D2L
- Purchasing A Textbook- Video and Text
- Where to Find Help and Recommended Internet Browsers- Video and Text
- Testing and Proctoring Information- Video and Text
- Student and Academic Resources- Video and Text
- Adding Classes- Video and Text
- Dropping Classes- Video and Text