Student Consumer Information
The Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA) requires that postsecondary institutions make specific disclosures to students. This requirement applies to institutions participating in federal student aid programs.
In compliance with federal law, HACC students can review the following disclosed information. Call the listed office or visit the indicated website for more information. You can request paper copies of the disclosed information.
Academic programs and accreditation
- HACC's current education programs and course descriptions
- HACC's faculty and staff directory
- HACC's transfer of credit policy and articulation agreements
- Institutional and Program Accreditation, Approval or Licensure
- Academic Accreditations
Alcohol and drug policy
- HACC's Alcohol and Drug policy
Copyright infringement and peer to peer file sharing policies
These policies relate to copyright infringement and unauthorized use of software. The policies also explain unauthorized distribution of copyrighted materials using HACC information technology systems.
- HACC's policies and sanctions
- Financial aid contacts
- Types of aid and terms and conditions
- State grants
- Rights and Responsibilities
- National Student Loan Data Systems(NSLDS)
- Entrance and Exit Counseling
- Private Loans
- Code of Conduct (pdf)
Graduation and retention rates
HACC discloses this information in accordance with the Student Right to Know Act:
Intercollegiate athletic program participation rates and financial support data
- Equity in Athletics Survey from the Department of Education. Select Harrisburg Area Community College.
- Eligibility information
Placement of graduates
Review information about employment rates:
Price of attendance
- Tuition and fee schedule
- HACC's Net Price Calculator. This provides an approximate calculation of all associated fees. These include tuition, books, room and board, transportation and program costs.
Privacy of student records
The Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that protects students' educational records:
- Students rights under FERPA. Contact the Office of the Registrar at 717-221-1300, ext. 1675 for more information about your rights under FERPA.
- Refund schedule. HACC will follow this schedule when students drop or withdrawal from a class.
- Drop/Add Details. Students must formally drop or withdrawal from a class if they will no longer attend. We enforce drop/add requirements even if you paid tuition for the class.
- Requirements for return of Title IV, HEA grant or loan aid
Security policies, crime statistics and crime log
Victims can submit a written request for Information for Crime Victims about Disciplinary Hearings.
Services for students with disability
The Disability Services Department provides disability information and referrals, accommodations, assessments, assistance and training.
- Disability Services Department. Learn about the services and resources for students with disabilities.
Student body diversity
- The College Data book. This includes information about student body diversity. View the number of enrolled full-time students by gender and race.
Student complaint information by state and agency
HACC encourages students to file grievance complaints internally. Students can also make a complaint in their residing state.
- How to file complaints (pdf)
Textbook information and required course materials
- HACC Bookstore. Learn about textbook pricing. Also find ISBN, author, title, copy right, edition and binding information.