Below are some frequently asked questions about international
1. How many international students attend HACC?
There are currently 197 total international students attending HACC.
2. How many different countries are represented at HACC?
Approximately 58 different countries are represented.
3. What kind of services do you have for international students?
4. Is there an international student club?
with immigration processes, including paperwork
with finding housing
The International Awareness Club (IAC) consists of students from all over the globe. IAC also consists of American students. The purpose of the IAC is to improve cultural awareness. We hold bi-weekly meetings.
5. What is HACC's total enrollment?
HACC enrolls a total of 23,000 full-time and part-time students.
6. Does HACC offer on-campus housing?
HACC does not provide on-campus housing. Assistance is available to International Students who are looking for housing.
7. What is the climate like?
The climate is moderate with four seasons —spring, summer, winter and fall. Temperatures range from 30 degrees Celsius in the summer to negative five degrees Celsius in the winter.
8. When is the application deadline?
Apply by the date listed below for your semester:
- Fall Semester (August Start Date) —Apply by June 1
- Spring Semester (January Start Date) —Apply by Oct. 1
- Summer Semester (May Start Date) —Apply by March 1
We recommend you submit your application materials by the deadline listed above. This will give you enough time to complete the enrollment process and register for classes.
You must submit your application and supporting documents at least four weeks before the start of classes.
9. Is the TOEFL exam required for admission into the ESL program?
We do not require a TOEFL score if you are taking ESL classes. The exam is required if you are starting standard college-level courses instead. To be accepted into college-level courses, your TOEFL score must be at least 550 for the written exam. Computerized exam scores may differ.