New Students

How to Apply for International Students

Am I eligible to apply?

HACC encourages international students to submit applications who wish to attend the college on an F-1 visa. 

What is the deadline to apply?

  • Fall Semester (August Start Date) —Apply by July 15
  • Spring Semester (January Start Date) —Apply by November 15
  • Summer Semester (May Start Date) —Apply by April 15

    Submit your application materials by the deadline listed above. This will ensure there is enough time for you to complete the enrollment process, the visa process, and sign up for classes.

    You must submit your application and all supporting documents no later than four weeks prior to the start of classes. 

    How do I apply?

    You must submit multiple documents to be accepted to HACC. These documents will also ensure your I-20 is processed. Submit the following documents as certified English translations: 

    • International Application for Admissions (pdf) or International Student Transfer Form (pdf)
    • One-time, non-refundable application fee of $35 (U.S. Currency). You can submit the fee by check or money order payable to HACC
    • Original or certified copy of official high school transcripts
    • Proof of high school graduation
    • Signed International Requirement Form (pdf). Your signature shows you have read the form and fully understand your obligations if you are granted an F-1 visa.
    • Copy of your passport's information page, if you already have it
    • You must also submit Financial Support Documents. These documents prove you have sufficient funds to cover your college expenses. 
    • Download the Estimated Cost of Attendance (pdf) for an overview of cost. 
    • Make sure your financial documents are current and dated within six months of your anticipated starting semester. 
    • Attach an original bank statement or an official signed letter from a bank. These letters should show the balance of the account. 
    • Submit the Affidavit of Support Form for each sponsor and Affidavit of Support for Providing Free Room and Board (pdf). Please see the Affidavit of Support for further instructions. You do not need to complete this form if you are supporting yourself.


    Who can I contact for more information?

    Please contact Jill L. Matolyak, the International Admissions Coordinator, for more information. Contact her at 717-780-2403 or jlmatoly@hacc.edu.


    Get Acrobat Reader