HACC's Dual-Enrollment program gives qualified high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to receive high school and college credit simultaneously.
Dual-enrollment students can take college credit courses at any HACC campus, at an off-site location or online. The credits you earn may satisfy high school graduation requirements. These course credits also become part of your permanent HACC record. You can apply them to a HACC degree program or transfer them to another college.
Why should I participate in the dual-enrollment program?
- We offer courses at the prevailing college tuition rate .
- Courses provide HACC college credits. Credits can typically transfer to other colleges and universities.
- You will experience the college setting and ease your transition from high school to college.
- You will become familiar with the college class format and learn how to better manage your time.
- College-level coursework and student services can help you decide what you want to do in the future.
How does the dual-enrollment program work?
- HACC's College Pathways Coordinators work with you and your high school to suggest courses.
- Classes consist of dual-enrollment students and traditional HACC college students.
- You will need to apply for the Dual-Enrollment program and pay the required tuition and fees.
Am I eligible for dual enrollment?
Your high school must recommend you for the program. You must also meet course prerequisites through HACC's placement testing program.