Qualified high school juniors and seniors can take advantage of HACC's College in the High School (CHS) program. You will have the opportunity to enroll in college-level courses taught by your high school or technical school teacher.
CHS students can earn dual-enrollment credits from HACC and your high school. These course credits become part of your permanent HACC record. They can also count towards a HACC degree program. You can also transfer the credits to other colleges and universities.
How does CHS work?
- HACC works with your high school to identify qualified adjunct instructors and HACC courses for the program.
- High School students should print off the College in the High School and Dual Enrollment Application (preferred) and complete it with your high school counselor.
- Pay the required fees.
- You will receive a course grade on a HACC transcript and your high school record.
Why should I participate in CHS?
- Your high school offers the course. You will not have to travel to a HACC campus.
- We offer the courses at significantly reduced costs - only $50.00 per credit!
- You receive HACC college credits. You can transfer these credits to other colleges and universities.
- You receive access to HACC facilities including library and online resources, academic counseling and free tutoring services.
- You will have a head start with college credits. CHS courses can help ease your transition from high school to college.
- You will learn to manage your time and become familiar with the format of a college class.
- Exposure to college-level coursework can help you plan for post-secondary education.
Have additional questions?