College in the High School
Qualified high school juniors and seniors can take advantage of HACC's College in the High School (CHS) program. You will have the opportunity to enroll in college-level courses. Your high school or technical school will teach these courses.
CHS students can earn dual-enrollment credits from HACC and your high school. These course credits become part of your permanent HACC record. They can count towards a HACC degree program. You can also transfer the credits to other colleges and universities.
How does CHS work?
- HACC works with your high school to identify HACC courses for the program.
- A high school teacher receives approval and training to teach the HACC course.
- You need to apply for the CHS program and pay the required tuition and fees.
- You will receive a course grade on a HACC transcript and your high school record.
Why should I participate in CHS?
- Your high school offers the course. You will not have to travel to a HACC campus.
- We offer the courses at significantly reduced tuition rates.
- You receive HACC college credits. You can transfer these credits to other colleges and universities.
- You receive access to HACC facilities. Facilities include library and online resources, academic counseling and free tutoring services.
- You will have a head start with college credits. CHS courses can help ease your transition from high school to college.
- You will learn to manage your time and become familiar with the format of a college class.
- Exposure to college-level coursework can help you plan for post-secondary education.
How do I apply?
You can apply to HACC as a high school student. You need to send the following:
You can find admission applications online and at your high school or CTC. Complete your college placement testing.
Please note: High school students cannot apply online. We will only process complete applications.
Who can I contact for more information?
Please contact the College Pathways Coordinator at the HACC campus closest to your high school. Contact hours are between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.