New Students

Admissions FAQs

Admissions FAQs

1. How do I apply to HACC? 

There are two ways to apply to HACC: 

1. Download the PDF application form and mail it to HACC's Central Admissions Office. Include all required materials and your one-time, non-refundable $35 application fee. 

2. Apply online


If you are returning and previously paid the application fee, apply using  the PDF application form.

You will also need to send official transcripts for High School, GED or prior college credits.

If you graduated within the last year or are enrolling in a selective program, mail your high school transcripts or GED to:

HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College 
Central Admissions Office, C212 
One HACC Drive 
Harrisburg, PA 17110-2999

If you are transferring credits into HACC for a degree, mail your prior college transcripts to:

HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College 
Central Records Office, TL 105 
One HACC Drive 
Harrisburg, PA 17110-2999

Learn more about the application process.


2. Will I get admitted to HACC?

HACC has an open admissions policy. You need to meet one of the following conditions in order to be admitted: 

  • Earned a high school diploma or received a General Education Development Diploma (GED)
  • Satisfied the conditions for early admission of secondary school students
  • Are 18 years or older -the College confirms you will benefit from your chosen educational program


There are also special categories for admission. Learn more about:


3. How much does HACC cost?

View tuition and fees.


4. Where is HACC?

5. What programs and majors does HACC offer?

6. Can I visit HACC?


7. How do I take HACC coursework in high school?

There are two ways:

1.Early Admissions (On Campus)

2. High School Programming (At High School)


8. How do I enroll as an international student (F-1 Visa)?

Learn about International Admission.


9. Which major should I choose?

Learn more about the different majors.


10. How do I talk to an admissions recruiter?

11. What if I am attending another college or university and want to take coursework?

12. How do I transfer to another school to earn a bachelor's degree?