Weekly Tutoring Schedule (pdf) for the weeks of April 14-19 and 21-26. Updated April 14 at 10:30am.
Check out our April 2014 Newsletter (pdf) to get get ready for finals!
Tutoring is a walk-in service; no appointments are necessary.
The Brossman Learning Center provides tutoring and academic skills development for FREE to HACC students for their current credit coursework. Located at the back of the Library in MAIN 232, the Learning Center is staffed with trained peer and professional tutors who know how to help you succeed. During the spring and fall semesters, tutoring for a variety of courses is offered Mondays through Fridays, including some evenings. Saturday hours may also be available. During the summer semester, tutoring is available Mondays through Thursdays.
To maximize your tutoring session, please:
- Bring all necessary class items (textbook, assignment, calculator, notes, handouts, syllabus)
- Come a few days before the assignment is due. We're good, but we cannot work miracles!
- Come prepared: write down specific questions to ask and complete the assignment to the best of your ability before meeting with the tutors.
- Be an active participant during the tutoring sessions; take notes, ask questions, etc.
- Make appropriate child care arrangements. Children are not permitted in the Learning Center.
The Learning Center commonly offers tutoring in the following courses:
- math (including algebra, statistics, trigonometry, and calculus)
- English, ESL, and writing
- biology (including A&P and microbiology)
- accounting, economics, and finance
- computer information systems
- Spanish 101 and German 101
- plus many more...
For information on tutoring and testing services at the Brossman Learning Center, check out the Tutoring & Testing Frequently Asked Questions. (pdf)
Take advantage of FREE, walk-in workshops covering a wide range of college skills every semester. Check out this semester's schedule here: Spring 2014 Learning Skills Workshops. (pdf)
The Brossman Learning Center LibGuide provides users with information on tutoring and workshops to help students succeed at HACC.
How to access Hawkmail
Looking for help with your TI 83 or 84 graphing calculator, with statistics or calculus? Here are some guides to help you
: The Brossman Learning Center has numerous software programs for students to use at their convenience; students can practice their skills with several mathematics and algebra, grammar and writing, and Peachtree accounting programs. The Learning Center also has an array of informational handouts to assist students with learning skills, including such topics as note-taking, time management, study tips, and test preparation, as well as information on course content and study skills podcasts available for FREE through public iTunesU
(pdf). OAS also provides students online tutoring services through Smarthinking
- Lori Corradino - Campus Director, Academic Success, M232C, 358-2860
- Kayla Landers - Learning Center Specialist, M232B, 358-2884
- Amy Rivera - Test Center Specialist, M232E, 358-2878
- Jerry Holt- Test Center Technician (evenings), M232E, 358-2878