HACC's College Pathways program helps high school students to jumpstart their college careers. In 2013-14, more than 200 high school students attended HACC's College-in-the-High-School (CHS) program thanks to generous EITC donors.
You can support highly motivated students like these by:
• Registering your business in Pennsylvania's EITC program
• Making a gift to the HACC Foundation's EITC fund to support scholarships for our CHS students.
"Many of these families know they will need to rely on financial aid to assist in paying for college. With financial aid unavailable to high school students, EITC plays a large role in giving students the opportunity to take college classes... It is one thing to know that their family and high school support their decision to start college early; it is another thing to know that their community-those of you who contribute to EITC-supports and encourages their decision."
- Heather Collins, Director, College Pathways, HACC
As an EITC-approved business, you will be eligible to receive a tax credit equal to 75 percent of your gift (90 percent if you agree to contribute the same amount for two consecutive years), up to $750,000 per taxable year.
Eligible businesses are authorized to do business in Pennsylvania and are subject to one or more of the following taxes:
• corporate net income tax;
• capital stock franchise tax;
• bank and trust company shares tax;
• title insurance companies shares tax;
• insurance premiums tax;
• mutual thrift institution tax;
• personal income tax of S Corporation shareholders; and
• partners in a partnership or a limited liability company single member.
Business applications are approved on a first-come, first-served basis by date received. Historically, tax credits have been completely expended the first day applications were accepted.
• Go to www.newPA.com/EITC.
• Complete and submit an online application using the Department of Community and Economic Development's (DCED) Single Application for Assistance.
• Designate the HACC Foundation as a recipient of your organization's Educational Improvement Organization (EIO) donation.
• Submit your new business application beginning July 1 of each calendar year.
• Submit your renewal application beginning May 15 of each calendar year, if your business is currently in a two-year commitment or has recently completed a two-year commitment.
For more information, go to www.newPA.com/EITC.
About College in the High School (CHS)
Like you, HACC is committed to an economically strong and competitive region. High-quality higher education is the key to a highly skilled, well-prepared workforce. HACC's CHS ensures that our region's brightest high school students have the opportunity to excel.
The CHS program, part of the College Pathways program at HACC, helps students graduate from high school with college credits already earned. CHS helps students to build the confidence they need to achieve their college dreams.
The CHS program enrolls qualified high school students from more than 40 Central Pennsylvania school districts in college-level courses at their high school or technical school during the regular school day. CHS offers a selection of HACC's required and core curriculum courses that best match curriculum offerings at the high school. CHS courses are taught by high school teachers qualified to serve as adjunct faculty members at HACC. Through the College Pathways program, high school students may also enroll in HACC courses at any of its campuses and through virtual learning. Students are charged a reduced tuition rate and can earn concurrent high school and college credit.
Please apply to the EITC program and consider designating HACC. Questions? Please contact email@example.com. Thank you!