The HACC Foundation is seeking professional, ethical, knowledgeable and hard-working Board members.
The HACC Foundation Board directs the business and financial affairs of the Foundation and serves as the policy-making body of the HACC Foundation with respect to the fulfillment of its mission.
The Foundation Board determines the ways and means of obtaining funds for the achievement of the Foundation's objectives, and implements policies and programs toward that end, including programs for solicitation of contributions from individuals, businesses and private foundations.
Anyone may apply for membership on the HACC Foundation. Applications for Board membership will be accepted any time and should be submitted using an online application. Applications will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee and must be approved by a majority of the Nominating Committee during a democratic voting process.
Hear from current HACC Foundation Board members about why they enjoy serving on the Board:
The responsibilities of each individual member of the Foundation Board of Directors include the following:
- Participate in determining the Foundation's annual and capital campaign fundraising priorities, including identifying gift giving sources, developing solicitation strategies, and determining accountability for goals
- Provide oversight to the management of investments and disbursements of Foundation accounts
- Provide leadership in the implementation of fundraising plans, including opening doors to potential individual, business and foundation donors; cultivating prospective donors; and asking for contributions
- Represent and promote HACC and the HACC Foundation in the community in order to expand the institution's circle of friends and supporters
- Make an annual financial commitment by giving a minimum of $1,000 in the form of cash and/or marketable securities to the HACC Foundation discretionary fund for operating expenses of the HACC Foundation. Contributions from Board members' employers or other organizations will not count toward this annual commitment. However, monetary contributions and/or tangible property desired by the Foundation and at a mutually agreed value from organizations owned by Board members will count toward this annual commitment and receipted accordingly. For example, a Board member employed by a local PR firm cannot use the PR firm's charitable contribution to count toward his or her annual commitment. However, if the owner of the PR firm is a Board member and makes a contribution to the HACC Foundation from the PR firm, the contribution will count toward this annual commitment and be receipted accordingly. Anyone nominated to the Board between April 1 and June 30 does not have an obligation to pay the annual commitment for that fiscal year.
- Provide leadership during major fundraising campaigns
- Serve on at least one Foundation committee and the fundraising committee for the campus the Board member represents.
- Attend four out of six regular Board meetings per year
- When possible, attend HACC Foundation and college events and functions throughout the year
- Make suggestions to the Nominating Committee of potential board members to be considered for election to the board
- Sign conflict of interest and confidentiality policy statements annually
If you are interested in being considered for membership on the HACC Foundation Board, please submit the online application below. Please note: There is no guarantee you will be selected for membership on the HACC Foundation Board. We can guarantee, however, that your application will be given serious consideration.
If you have any questions, please contact Bonny Ellis, HACC Foundation operations coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.