The responsibilities of each individual member of the Foundation Board of Directors include the following:
- Participate in determining the Foundation's annual and capital campaign fundraising priorities, including identifying gift giving sources, developing solicitation strategies, and determining accountability for goals
- Provide oversight to the management of investments and disbursements of Foundation accounts
- Provide leadership in the implementation of fundraising plans, including opening doors to potential individual, business and foundation donors; cultivating prospective donors; and asking for contributions
- Represent and promote HACC and the HACC Foundation in the community in order to expand the institution's circle of friends and supporters
- Make an annual financial commitment by giving a minimum of $1,000 in the form of cash and/or marketable securities to the HACC Foundation discretionary fund for operating expenses of the HACC Foundation. Contributions from Board members' employers or other organizations will not count toward this annual commitment. However, monetary contributions and/or tangible property desired by the Foundation and at a mutually agreed value from organizations owned by Board members will count toward this annual commitment and receipted accordingly. For example, a Board member employed by a local PR firm cannot use the PR firm's charitable contribution to count toward his or her annual commitment. However, if the owner of the PR firm is a Board member and makes a contribution to the HACC Foundation from the PR firm, the contribution will count toward this annual commitment and be receipted accordingly. Anyone nominated to the Board between April 1 and June 30 does not have an obligation to pay the annual commitment for that fiscal year.
- Provide leadership during major fundraising campaigns
- Serve on at least one Foundation committee and the fundraising committee for the campus the Board member represents.
- Attend four out of six regular Board meetings per year
- Attend at least one HACC Foundation and/or College event each year (for example, Commencement, Convocation, donor and scholarship recognition events)
- Introduce at least three new donors to the HACC Foundation each year
- Make suggestions to the Nominating Committee of potential board members to be considered for election to the board
- Sign conflict of interest and confidentiality policy statements annually
If you are interested in being considered for membership on the HACC Foundation Board, please submit the online application below. Please note: There is no guarantee you will be selected for membership on the HACC Foundation Board. We can guarantee, however, that your application will be given serious consideration.
If you have any questions, please contact HACC Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.