A Successful Tutoring Session
Visit the Learning Center for free, walk-in tutoring. For subjects and hours, check the posted schedule
outside of the Learning Center.
To maximize your tutoring session, please:
- Bring all necessary class items (textbook, assignment, calculator, notes, handouts, flash drive, and your own work).
- Bring your HACCid: you'll be asked to sign in and sign out.
- Come a few days before the assignment is due.
- Allow for a 20 to 30 minute session - lengthy or involved topics may take more than one session.
- Be an active participant during the tutoring sessions: take notes, ask questions.
- Come prepared:
- Complete the assignment to the best of your ability before meeting with a tutor.
- Write down specific questions you have.
Remember: The tutor's role is to review your work and help you discover useful learning strategies; the tutor is not able to do the work for you. While tutors may help you improve, the tutoring session does not guarantee an "A".
Leslie Boon, Director - email@example.com / Amanda Hartzel, Specialist - firstname.lastname@example.org / 717.337.3855 x 113300