FAQ's- HACC Foundation Online Scholarship Management System
How do I apply for scholarship opportunities?
- To get started, complete the General Application. This application will automatically match you with scholarship opportunities for which you meet the criteria. Additional scholarships are available under the "Recommended" tab. These scholarships you have not applied for yet, and have additional criteria for you to complete.
What are "Recommended" scholarship opportunities?
- "Recommended" scholarship opportunities will appear on your "Opportunities" tab. These are scholarship opportunities that require additional criteria than what you listed on your General Application.
How do I apply for these "Recommended" scholarship opportunities?
- Select the title of these scholarship opportunities to view the description, and supplemental criteria needed. If you meet the criteria, select the "Apply" button to continue to apply for the scholarship opportunity.
How do I manage my "Recommended" scholarship opportunities?
- Once you have applied for a scholarship opportunity, your Applications will appear in alphabetical order on your "Home" tab. A "Your Account" sidebar on the left hand side will let you know if these applications are Active, Need Attention, Ending Soon or in Draft Form.
Is there a limit to how many "Recommended" scholarship opportunities I can apply?
- There is no limit to the number of "Recommended" scholarships you can apply. Be sure to review the additional criteria carefully to ensure you meet the requirements.
Do I need additional documentation for these "Recommended" scholarship opportunities?
- Some opportunities may require information in addition to what you have listed on your General Application. These may include, but are not limited to, additional essays, student transcripts or references.
How can I tell if my reference has submitted the letter?
- Once you sign in, please click the "Home" tab and then "Manage References" box. You have the option to resend your request for the reference, if needed.
Can I change my reference contact?
- Yes. Click the "Home" tab and then "Manage References" box. You can resend a request for a reference, or enter a new reference.
Can I save my application and come back later?
- Yes! You may save your General Application or individual scholarship applications. Scholarship opportunities that have been saved will show as "Drafted" on the Home tab.
How does the online scholarship database match me to scholarship opportunities?
- Once your General Application is completed, the scholarship database system will automatically import information for the BANNER system to match you with scholarship opportunities.
What if some of the information the system automatically imported is incorrect?
- You cannot make updates to the imported information of a student account on this application. You must contact your Campus Welcome Center office to update your information.
How will I know what scholarship opportunities I applied for?
- Under your �"Home" tab, the Recommended scholarships you applied for will be listed for you to manage. The Automatically Matched scholarships are not listed. You will be notified if one of the Automatically Matched scholarships is awarded to you.
How will I know if I was awarded a scholarship?
- If you are offered a scholarship, you will receive an email notifying you of such to the email address you used to log in. You will also see a status beside the scholarship applications on the "Home" tab displayed as "Offered." �Please check your website frequently for updated information on scholarships offered.
Why do some scholarship opportunities have an award amount and other opportunities say "varies"?
- In certain situations where donors have not specified an exact award amount, the amount is listed as "varies." Please note that scholarship funding is never guaranteed and is affected by available funding.
How do I write a biographical essay?
Having trouble getting started with your essay? Consider these questions!
- What program are you studying?
- What interests you about this program?
- Will you continue your education after attending HACC?
- What role does education play in your life?
- What does your education mean to you?
- Is having a college degree important?
- How does your education relate to your future career?
- Why did you choose this future career?
- Have you had experience working in this field?
- How far do you want to advance in your career?
- Do you have support from your family?
- How does your family feel about your educational goals?
- What would your getting an education mean to your family? Why?
- Will your family help you pay for college? If not, why?
- Are there other reasons why paying for college might be difficult for you?
- What would attending college mean for your financial future?
Candidacy for Scholarship
- Why are you a good candidate for a scholarship?
- How would receiving this scholarship help you overcome hurdles or hardships you face as you continue your education?
- What would receiving a scholarship mean to you?
How do I submit a thank-you letter?
- Please submit your thank-you letter at https://hacc.academicworks.com/ Please sign in and select “needs attention” under the application tab. Then, please click “accept.” Once you review the details, accept the scholarship, you will be prompted to submit your thank-you letter. Please upload your thank-you letter as a Microsoft Word document.
What if my thank-you letter will not upload?
- Some students have issues using the Internet Explorer browser to upload the thank-you letter. If you are receiving a message to “wait” for an extended amount of time, please try uploading the thank-you letter using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If you still encounter errors, please contact Heather Hannon at email@example.com
Will I receive a confirmation when my thank-you letter uploads?
- You will not receive a confirmation. However, you will see the action as listed “complete” with the opportunity to “view” the completed application. On the left hand side of the application, the category will show as “accepted.”
Why are there not any scholarship opportunities showing for current deadlines?
- If there are no scholarship deadlines showing, it means we are between scholarship deadlines. We have a spring scholarship cycle, and a fall scholarship cycle. Please contact our office for more information on these scholarship deadlines.