spacer Apply Now!!
Spacer HACC Home Page

Who is Eligible for Financial Aid

While each type of aid has special requirements, two requirements are common to all aid programs. You must be:

  • enrolled in an eligible degree, certificate, or diploma program.

  • a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen.

Other factors include:

  • Have a valid Social Security Number.

  • Have a high school diploma, General Education Development Certificate (GED),  pass a test approved by the U.S. Department of Education, or complete a high school education in a home school setting that is treated as a home school or private school under state law.

  • Register with Selective Service, if you are male. You can register at

  • Not be in default or in repayment on any education loan or grant.

  • Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) once enrolled at HACC

  •  No conviction under federal or state law for  the sale or possession of drugs, if the offense occurred  during a period of enrollment for which the student was receiving federal student aid (grants, loans, and/or work-study).  Read more....

  • Not show an unusual enrollment pattern by attending three or more instituions within the past two to three years with a lack of academic completion.


Site Map | Locations | Contact Us | Employment | Right to Know | Antidiscrimination Policy | Email Webmaster
One HACC Drive, Harrisburg PA 17110 (800) ABC-HACC   .:.  © 1996- 2014   .:.   updated: September 20, 2013
iTunesU Facebook TwitterLinked InYou Tube