How Do I Apply For Financial Aid?
You need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA
). The FAFSA needs to be completed EVERY YEAR after January 1st but before April 15th to be considered for the maximum amount of aid possible. It is very important that you (and your parents if applicable) complete and file your federal taxes electronically with the IRS first. After filing your taxes electronically, you need to wait 10-14 days and then complete the FAFSA. You can then retrieve all your IRS data to populate the FAFSA.
Think It Might Be Too Late To Apply?
We encourage you to contact the Office of Financial Aid Services at the campus you plan to attend. Even if you miss the deadline for some types of aid, you can still be considered for a Pell Grant and/or Direct Stafford Loans. Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov
- You will need a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to electronically sign your FAFSA. If you are in FAFSA on the Web, a separate screen will appear when you select the option to apply for a PIN.
- DEPENDENT STUDENTS: at least one parent must apply for a PIN so they can electronically sign your FAFSA.
Once you complete the FAFSA, the information you provide is sent to three (3) agencies:
- The Federal Government so you can be considered for all types of Federal grants and loans.
- The Pennsylvania State Grant Agency (PHEAA) so you can be considered for a State Grant.
- The college you list on the FAFSA form so you may be considered for all institutional scholarships and other funding. HACC's school code for ALL campuses is 003273.