Lancaster Campus, Humanities Symposium--Shaking Out Shakespeare
Date: Tuesday April 11, 2017
Time: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location: Lancaster Campus, East Building, Room 203
Contact Name: Cindy Rose
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lancaster Campus of HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College, is hosting its fourth annual humanities symposium. The three-day event, April 11-13, 2017 is entitled "Shaking Out Shakespeare", which will explore the profound influence of William Shakespeare on the arts, humanities, and sciences. The schedule includes presentations on film, TV art, literature, and the sciences. Community members are invited to attend the free event.
Schedule of Events for Tuesday, April 11th:
- "'I Didn't Know That Was Based on Shakespeare': Film and TV Representations of Shakespeare" by Michael Corradino, Campus Dean of Academic Affairs.
- "Rather Like a Dream" by Seth Martin, Associate Professor of English.
- "To Be, or Not to Be a Contract: That is the Question" by Steve Lustig, Associate Professor of Business.
- "Shakespeare Illustrated" by Cindy Rose, Associate Professor of Humanities.
- "Visualizing Shakespeare: Kurosawa and Welles" by Jeffrey Ihlenfeldt, Professor of English.
- "'The Words Are Kind of a Big Deal': Bringing Shakespeare to Life in the Classroom through Dramatic Reading" by Carol Allen-Gordon, Lampeter-Strasburg English Teacher.
For more information: