back to web version
HACC's print sized logo

Transfer Students

Transfer Students

Welcome! You are considered a transfer student if you have attended another college or university. Thank you for deciding to join the HACC community.


Please follow the steps below to become a HACC student:

  1. Apply to HACC

Apply to HACC online or in-person at any of the HACC locations (Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York).


  1. Send official college transcripts 

    Transfer students will need to send official high school and college transcripts to:  

    HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College 
    Registrar, TL105
    One HACC Drive 
    Harrisburg, PA 17110-2999

    For an unofficial list of transfer courses HACC may accept, please visit the transfer credit search tool.


  1. Apply for financial aid

Submit your FAFSA. This will allow you to determine if you are eligible for financial aid.


Learn more about other financial aid options.


  1. Review your admission acceptance letter 

Review your admission acceptance letter for the following:

  • Your HACC ID and Password. Use these to log on to myHACC.
  • Your HAWKMail ID and temporary password for your college email account
  • The program and your admitted term


  1. Activate your HAWKMail email account 

    HACC will use this email account to send you important information.
  2. Attend New Student Orientation (NSO) 

    Once you complete your placement test, you will attend a new student orientation session at your campus. During the session, you will discuss your program/major, review your placement scores and register for classes.

Learn more about new student orientation.


  1. Register for classes

You can register online for classes if you did not register for classes during New Student Orientation.


  1. Pay tuition and fees

Pay your tuition and fees by the due date. You can pay online or at your campus Welcome Center.


Learn more about residency and school district sponsorship.


  1. Purchase books

Purchase your books online or at your campus bookstore.