Why should my son/daughter enroll in a SOAR program?
SOAR Programs of Study are building blocks for the future so that he/she can:
- Complete college requirements sooner which means less college time
- Earn an industry recognized certification and enter the job market ready
- Get on the right career path (Programs of Study are based upon high priority occupations)
- Save on tuition costs by receiving post-secondary education in high school
- Have your credits transfer consistently (Statewide articulations are available in 40 post secondary institutions currently)
- You will be able to reduce the time you spend in College depending on the number of articulated credits you earn.
What does articulation mean?
Articulation is an agreement between two schools. Technical high schools (CTCs) or high schools with Career and Technical Programs work together with colleges or post secondary schools to compare the curriculum studied and the tasks completed at the high school level. When the high school curriculum matches introductory courses at the college level, the credits are accepted at the college. It is similar to advanced placement. The skills you attain in high school earn you free credit in college. That is articulated credit.
Click on the links below for more SOAR program information.
Career and Technical Education in Pennsylvania (CTE booklet pdf)
Office of College Pathways, HACC
Harrisburg, PA 17110