The Hospitality and Tourism Department assumes a positive role in the development of the workforce, and serves as a leader in the economic growth of the hospitality and tourism industry in south central Pennsylvania.
The Hospitality and Tourism Department provides high quality education and training for the people in the south-central Pennsylvania service region. Focusing on the needs of its students, career-based programs are known for their use of collaborative learning, the qualifications of the faculty, the marketable skills, and the satisfaction of the graduates.
The Hospitality and Tourism Department has the following goals:
- To seek and employ highly skilled faculty
- To develop, maintain, and upgrade educational programs that provide meaningful employment for graduates
- To partner with local employers to identify knowledge and skills for success in the workplace
- To prepare all students for life, work, and society
- To assess program outcomes and student success for the improvement of instruction