Accreditation and Middle States
The most recent Middle State Commission action was on June 26, 2014. This action:
- Accepted the monitoring report.
- Noted the visit by the Commission's representatives.
- Removed the warning. HACC is now in compliance with Standard 12 (General Education).
- Reaffirmed accreditation.
- Requested a progress report, due March 1, 2016. This report must include the assessment of general education outcomes. It must show that HACC is using assessment results to improve teaching and learning (Standard 12).
- Scheduled the next evaluation visit for 2017-2018.
Learn more about the Middle States:
- Download Frequently Asked Questions for Middle States Commission on Higher Education April 2014 (pdf).
- Download Frequently Asked Questions for Middle States Commission on Higher Education - August 2013 (pdf).
- Download Middle States Commission on Higher Education Characteristics of Excellence (pdf).
- Download Middle States Commission on Higher Education Compliance Timeline (pdf).
- Download News Release (pdf).
2014 Monitoring Report
2013 Monitoring Report
- Download Monitoring Report to the Middle States Commission on Higher Education due Sept. 1 (pdf).
- View Executive Summary of Middle States Monitoring Report.
2012 Periodic Review
2007 Self Study Report (pdfs)
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Harrisburg Area Community College: An Overview
- 1. Mission, Planning and Assessment
- 2. Financial, Human, and Physical Resources
- 3. Governance and Administration
- Full-time Faculty Governance Survey
- Adjunct Faculty Governance Survey
- Classified Governance Survey
- Administrative/Professional Governance Survey
- 4. Services to Students
- 5. Educational Offerings
- 6. Student Learning Assessment